Tuesday, November 08, 2005

That didn't take long

In my last post I speculated that someone across the Atlantic would before too long figure out a way to blame Bush for the riots engulfing Paris. Well, I forgot about Daily Kos, who beat them to the punch. Fourteen percent of Kos readers think Bush deserves more blame for the rioting than does "France" (which I suppose means everyone there who isn't now rioting) or do the rioters themselves. The poll's intro (by altscott) blazes a trail deep into the jungle of stupid in just two sentences:
I have been mesmerized by the string of riots that started in France and has spread to Germany and Belgium. This has been predicted by science fiction writers for over three decades yet I feel that the stressors in the middle east due to the Iraq insurgency are leading to a European insurgency.

Huh? Sci-fi writers over the past three decades have more often predicted Martian invasions than they've foreseen teenagers raised on bad French rap tossing petrol-filled Fanta bottles at a KFC while shouting "Allahu Akbar!" Watch the skies!

The website of the always-unintentionally-hilarious Moby devotes a page to quotes from George W. Bush, who had this to say about the riots of yesteryear:
"I have been asked who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame."

Moby probably thinks this is reductive. I think the French should give this Texas logic a try, before they make a bigger mess by trying to appease thugs with a new redistribution scheme.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mervyn said...

This can't work in reality, that is exactly what I suppose.
Primigi Kids - Matilde SP12 (Infant/Toddler) (Multi/Gold) - Footwear | Puma Kids - Live Laugh Kick Tee (Big Kids) (White) - Apparel | Born - Issa (Black Full Grain) - Footwear

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Gideon said...

It won't succeed as a matter of fact, that's what I believe.
www.edproblemsolver.com | www.kamagra.name | www.kamagra.name

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home